Neighbourhood of Scotia Heights
The neighbourhood of Scotia Heights is a dynamic part of West Kildonan, which is east of Main Street and runs from Saint Johns Park to Kildonan Park.
Scotia Heights is a tucked away community bordered by parks and the river.
Scotia Street runs parallel to the red river and is closed on holidays and Sundays for pedestrian and bike traffic only.
Originally known as Scott Street by the Lord Selkirk settlers, it was renamed Scotia Street for their homeland of Scotland.
The Seven Oaks house is one of the oldest surviving residences in Manitoba built from 1851 to 1653 and is open to the public.
In 1913 the area was promoted as a new suburb and considered the Wellington Crescent of the North.